Beyond the Border..

Posted by Franisz Ginting


What would come to your mind if you see a 56 years-old grandpa learning new language which is not common for him? Do you think he makes silly thing, and don't you think he's too old to learn it...?

First time I heard and read that story is when coincidentally I'm in my way of learning my new language... Castellano...

I'm a 27 years-old woman, dreaming about going to another part of the world, taking my specialty in ophthalmology.. Sounds great, doesn't it? But many times I doubt about being able to speak and being understood by whom I speak to, concerning my age in learning Spanish.

Scientists said that the best age in learning new language is in the age of 14-16. Unconsciously, it becomes some kind of border to everyone over 14 years-old in learning new language.

Me, myself, have proven that even if we had learned other language, which is not our mother language since 13 years-old, we wouldn't have the ability to speak it out fluently in the age of 27 if we were lack of verve in learning that language.

We may consider the result of many researches around the world about human abilities. But, we can't forget that there's a power bigger than our logically thought that helps us to walk beyond the border...

The result depends on our way of thinking..

I still can't prove that in my age I will be able to learn Spanish quickly. But at least, I can encourage myself by believing that I won't deal with it by myself... I have the Holy Spirit guiding me in learning every new things based on His will. That faith will bring me to another good things of learning something, which is positive attitude.

Positive attitude doesn't depend on the situation surround you... It depends on how good your relationship with God.

Positive attitude gives us strength in dealing with failure, which is common in our learning process. It will give us power to not give up until we reach our goal in learning the things we desire.

Be brave to walk beyond the border...

This entry was posted on August 17, 2009 at Monday, August 17, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment